Followers

Friday, November 19, 2010

Freerice.com

I'm unsure if many people know about it.... but I just wanted to share a website I personally love,
http://freerice.com/

FreeRice is a non-profit website run by the United Nations World Food Programme.

FreeRice has two goals:
  • Provide education to everyone for free.
  • Help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people for free.
I recommend checking it out- all you need to do is answer synonyms questions. For every correct answer- 10 grains of rice is donated at a third world country. You'll be amazed how fast you get bowls upon bowls of rice!

6 comments:

  1. Hm, I wonder how they actually get money through people answering questions...

    Who's sponsoring this? It sounds a bit too true to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming they spend the money they received from their advertisers?

    I've been going every once in awhile since I was in high school. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pretty neat website concept, how did you originally come across it, if you don't mind my asking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember finding this on /cgl/ way back. Im not sure if its a really dedicated organization or what but man seems like alot of money

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ lens, my english teacher introduced me to the site about 3-4 years ago. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I remember this site! OMG thanks for posting it up, now gonna donate some rice :)

    ReplyDelete